Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Multi-City Tours
- Duration 3 days
- Travel Style Classic Culture
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 14 days before
- Departure and finish point Hotel in Phnom Penh
- Departure Time 08:00 am
Phnom Penh – Battambang – Siem Reap 3 days - Multi-City Tours
- Visit ancient Khmer capital Udong
- Try riding on bumpy bamboo train the local way
- Visit hilltop temple of Banan
- See Battambang’s first wine yard and wine production
- Learn about Khmer Rouge regime with visit to Sampeau mountain
- Tour of Cambodia’s countryside
- Watch thousands of bats leave the cave as dusk falls
Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Phnom Penh – Battambang Overland 290km
Start early today for the nearly five hour drive to Battambang. Leave the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh behind as you head north to Kampong Luong which is a silversmith village. Observe silversmiths creating ornate and fashionable silver objects. Continue with a visit to Oudong, which functioned as the former capital of Cambodia between the early 17th century and late 19th century. Nowadays Oudong still holds great significance as the three hills are home to various stupas containing the remains of several former Khmer Kings. The main stairway (over 500 steps) leads to the newest of the temples and is home to a Buddha relic. The views from the summit of the surrounding countryside are impressive and worth the climb. Continue to the small riverside town of Kampong Chhnang, enjoying a picnic lunch en route. It is famous for its beautiful landscape and local villages which produce pottery. Learn how the community makes pottery the traditional way. Transfer onwards to Battambang and check into your hotel upon arrival late afternoon.
Meal included: Packed lunch
Day 2 Battambang Full Day Tour
In the morning you will set out on a short ride to catch Bamboo Train! Bamboo train is a bamboo platform on old fashioned railway tracked. It has been used by the local for transporting goods as well as people. Morning is the best time when you will encounter of a lot activities. You will board the train for 40 minute return ride and hear about the history of the bamboo train. The ride is a bit bumpy but the view is really worth it. Afterwards continue driving further out to visit the well preserved 11th century Prasat Phnom Banan, located on top of a hill bearing the same name. After climbing the 350 steps you are treated to a peaceful setting with superb views across the surrounding countryside. Small villages are dotted in and around the endless rice paddies, punctuated with the characteristic sugar palm trees.
A short ride away is a village of Ksach Puoy on the banks of the Sangker River, which is home to many well preserved traditional Khmer wooden stilted homes and tropical fruit farms. This is a great opportunity to taste juicy oranges, sweet pineapples, and many other fruits available in the region.
Not far from Ksach Puoy is Cambodia’s first vineyard. If wine is what you are after, pop in and learn about producing wine in the tropics and a tasting if you are interested.
Back to town for your own lunch.
After lunch we drive different direction out of town to visit the striking hilltop pagoda of Phnom Sampeau. This massive limestone outcrop is dissected by a number of caves with some containing unexpected reminders of Cambodia’s turbulent history. Back to the foot of the mountain and sit down to watch nature spectacle when thousands and thousands of bats leave the cave as dusk falls. The bat come out of the mountain-side cave at around 5pm each day and the spectacle last around 40 minutes.
Meal included: None
Day 3 Battambang – Siem Reap by land (option by boat for high water season)
Morning pay a visit to the Battambang Museum, which house some interesting artifacts from the region. Bid farewell to Battambang and drive 2.5 hours to Siem Reap (option by boat 7 hours in high water). Drop off at hotel or at airport in Siem Reap. Meal inlcuded: None. End of service.
- Private English speaking guide
- Air-conditioned private transport throughout
- All entry fees
- Bamboo train ride
- One lunch
- Wine tasting at Banan
- Bottled water and wet tissues
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel insurance
- International flights
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Itinerary can be adjusted and tailored to your desired travel arrangement
- Accommodation and international flight can be quoted as add-on
- Airport pick up and drop off can be quoted as add-on
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Tour is conducted in English. Other languages might be catered for upon request.
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
- If you cancel at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 7 and 13 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 6 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour Price based on different group size:
|Group of 1 person||Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||657$||345$||241$||189$||157$|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please contact us for quotation by clicking on "Contact Us" button below.