Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Battambang
- Duration 8-9 hours (approximately)
- Travel Style Cycling
- Travel Type Shared Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 14 days before
- Departure and finish point Your centrally located hotel
- Departure Time 07:30am
Ride in the Countryside Full Day tour - Battambang
- View French architecture from a bygone age and learn about the country's colonial past
- Ride over a Cambodian style suspension bridge
- Enjoy treats made by a traditional sweet seller
- Explore a countryside village and eat lunch together the Cambodian way
- Meet an ex-soldier who is now a fortune teller and traditional healer
- Learn about ancient Buddhist customs and folktales
What you can expect:
Ride through the countryside to learn about the juxtaposition of tradition and modernity in Cambodian village life. After stopping at a few French colonial architecture sites in town, we will ride the countryside roads and arrive at a rural Muslim village. Here, we will visit families to learn about their everyday life, family history, and traditions. We will next visit another village to learn about the traditional houses they live in. We will also meet an ex-soldier and learn about his past and his work as a fortune teller and healer. After lunch at a family home, we will continue through rice fields and stop at a Buddhist temple to learn about monastic life, before we return back to town. This tour is for people who enjoy exercising! The ride is about 42 km.
- Remork pick up in the morning from your hotel (one way)
- One drink at starting venue
- Friendly, English-speaking local guide
- High quality imported Mountain bike (Giant, Trek, GT)
- A crash course on basic Khmer, the Cambodian language, so you can greet the locals in their language.
- Water and snack along the way
- Cambodian style lunch at a family home
- Travel insurance
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by adult
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Tour is conducted in English. Other languages might be catered for upon request.
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
- If you cancel at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 7 and 13 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 6 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour Price based on different group size:
|Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||45$||45$||45$||45$|