Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Multi-City Tours
- Duration 2 days
- Travel Style Classic Culture
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 14 days before
- Departure and finish point Hotel in Phnom Penh
- Departure Time 08:00 am
Sambo Prei Kuk Temple: Phnom Penh – Kampong Thom – Siem Reap 2 days - Multi-City Tours
- Visit ancient Khmer capital and UNESCO listed Sambo Prei Kuk temple group
- Climb up Santuk mountain and hear the tail behind its name
- See the largest Angkorian ancient bridge of Banteay Kdei
- Visit stone carving village
- Snapshot photo of exotic Khmer snack deep-fried tarantula
Itinerary Day by Day
Day 1 Phnom Penh – Kampong Thom overland 160km
Travel overland from Phnom Penh to Kampong Thom on national highway 6. Break the journey by stopping at Skun and try out exotic culinary delights, deep-fried tarantulas. Freshly picked from fields daily, spiders are deep fried. Many tourist did not dear try out but it is still great photo opportunity. Also stop at Stone carving village where you learn more about this skilled handicraft. Phnom Santuk and climb the not so steep 809 steps to the top where a magnificent view awaits with several ancient relics and a number of carved reclining Buddhas. Arrive in Kampong Thom city in late afternoon. Evening enjoy pleasant walk along the riverside and observe the daily life of the locals.
Meal included: None
Day 2 Kampong Thom – Sambo Prei Kuk - Siem Reap overand 160km
Today we explore the recently listed UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sambo Prei Kuk. Start the day with a wonderful excursion to the 7th and 8th century site of Sambor Prei Kuk. Located 40-minutes drive away, Sambor Prei Kuk temple site pre-dates Angkor by more than 500 years. You are greeted on arrival by your local community guide, who will take you on a peaceful hike or bicycle ride of about 5km along shady jungle paths. Some of the temples hold incredible carvings and there is a sense of discovery as the temples are often hidden under vegetation. Have simple own lunch on site or return to Kampong Thom city for lunch and freshen up for our onward transfer to Siem Reap, located 2.5 hours away. On the way, stop at the ancient bridge of Kampong Kdei that dates back to the 12th century. The bridge remains remarkably well preserved and measures 80m in length and 14m in width. Continue to Siem Reap and upon arrival you are check into your hotel. (Optional: transfer from Kampong Thom back to Phnom Penh and check in to your hotel in Phnom Penh). End of service.
Meal included: None
- Private English speaking guide
- Air-conditioned private transport throughout
- All entry fees
- Bottled water and wet tissues
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel insurance
- International flights
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Itinerary can be adjusted and tailored to your desired travel arrangement
- Accommodation and international flight can be quoted as add-on
- Airport pick up and drop off can be quoted as add-on
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Tour is conducted in English. Other languages might be catered for upon request.
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 7 and 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 6 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour Price based on different group size:
|Group of 1 person||Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||361$||186$||127$||98$||81$|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please contact us for quotation by clicking on "Contact Us" button below.