Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Multi-City Tours
- Duration 2 days
- Travel Style Classic Culture
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 14 days before
- Departure and finish point Hotel in Siem Reap
- Departure Time 08:00 am
Siem Reap – Sambo Prei Kuk – Siem Reap 2 days - Multi-City Tours
- Visit ancient Khmer capital & UNESCO listed Sambo Prei Kuk temple group
- Stay overnight at Sambo Prei Kuk community homestay in Cambodia traditional house
- Enjoy home-hosted meals and interaction with host family
- Enjoy walking tour of community and see daily life of local people
Itinerary Day by Day:
Travel overland around 3 hours to the newly listing UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sambo Prei Kuk. Reach the temples and meet your local community guide who will explain to you about temple history as well as the community tourism project. We rent a simple community bike for our visit around the area. Sambor Prei Kuk is Cambodia’s oldest temple site dating back to the 6th century and pre-dates Angkor Wat by more than 500 years. Yet the site remains remarkably well preserved and it was recently listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
With your escort local guide, you will cycle along quiet, shady trails from one temple group to another. The 5km loop will take you back in time and make you feel like an explorer. Stop en route to get more background info of the temples.
Have a simple lunch at community restaurant.
After lunch, be greeted by your host family and check-in at community homestay. The homestay is a traditional Cambodian house and you will share the house with your host family in a private room. It will be an unforgettable and unique experience. With your guide assistance, you can enjoy some interaction with the host family and learn about way of life of the local. Evening enjoy village walking tour and see local activities. Dinner tonight is prepared by your host family.
Meal included: Lunch and dinner
Day 2: Sambo Prei Kuk – Siem Reap
Today wake up early like local people and enjoy hosted breakfast at homestay. Then say goodbye to your host and set out to visit local market and see fresh for the day. Learn more about local cooking ingredient. Then take ox-cart around the community, we enjoy the best view in the morning along the paddy fields, local people houses and see daily life of the local people.
We depart for Siem Reap on the same route but we will break the journey with visit to the ancient bridge of Kampong Kdei that dates back to the 12th century. The bridge remains remarkably well preserved and measures 80m in length and 14m in width. Continue to Siem Reap and upon arrival you are check into your hotel. End of service.
Meal included: breakfast
- Private escort guide for whole tour plus local community guide
- Air-conditioned private transport
- Local bike rental at Sambo Prei Kuk
- Cow cart (2 people per cart)
- Home-hosted meals as mentioned in itinerary
- Accommodation one night at community homestay
- All entry fees
- Other meal
- Travel insurance
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by adult
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Tour is conducted in English
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
- If you cancel at least 14 day in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 7 and 13 day in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 6 day of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour Price based on different group size:
|Group of 1 person||Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||398$||214$||172$||137$||116$|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please contact us for quotation by clicking on "Contact Us" button below.