Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Siem Reap
- Duration 8 hours
- Travel Style Classic Culture
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- No Deposit Required
- Free Cancellation 14 days before
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Departure and finish point Your centrally located hotel
- Departure Time 08:00 am
Farm and Countryside Day Tour - Siem Reap
- Family & kid friendly trip
- Interaction with villagers and farmers
- Trekking through green villages
- Cooking class
- Visit our Eco home
- Monk blessings
- Rice planting and harvesting activities
- Fishing activities
- Enjoy the peaceful and tranquility settings
- Handicraft experience as cane basket weaving experience
- Walk into farmer’s life Experience
- Wearing real Khmer farmers’ outfit
- Beautiful countryside
- Relaxing in the relaxing hammocks
- Visit silk farm
What you can expect:
8am: Picking up from the meeting point at CALTEX MINI MART and travel to a beautiful green village, Krobey Riel. The village means Wild Buffalos. Our professional team is taking you the village home where you will engage yourself as a real famer by wearing real Khmer farmer outfit. After proper briefing, our guide is taking towards Kork Dong village.
This village offers you the organic vegetable garden. Meeting commune Chief Tek Chhun, 62 years of age and his wife, Madam Preurch, 60. They have four children, three of whom are girls. They have 12 grandchildren in total. They all live next to each other. All his girls are housewife & cooks and make a living by weaving cane baskets, which earn $2-$3 per basket while their husbands are farmers in the village. This interaction gives you more insights of how our farmers live their live with the vivid and interesting stories.
Continue trekking to see another family. Her name is Peuy, 56. She is a housewife living her grandchildren while her grandchildren parents are busy at the farm or labor work in Siem reap town. Mrs. Peuy is also a basket weaver.
Seeing her weaving activity will give you a great experience while most people never got the chance to enjoy. She can always share her experience how the basket is being made. She earns roughly $3 per basket made. Continue trekking to another green village with 85 families. Seeing the daily life of green vegetable gardens and rice fields make you feel peaceful and relaxed to get away from all this city stressed life. Continue walking back to our Eco home and get ready to feel what it is like to be a farmer.
Picking up all the farming equipment, go fishing such as net casting, go farming such as rice planting or harvesting, climbing to get the palm juice from the palm tree or you might bump into other unexpected activities along the way. These activities are real Khmer farmers' daily life and return to our home to ready to take shower and change your dress in order to be ready to cook some Khmer gourmet food with organic vegetable grown inside in our home or bought directly from the villagers in order to support the community.
With the instruction from our chef and guide, you will immerse yourself how the Khmer food is being cooked and you will learn some amazing Khmer dishes to share with those who did not have the chance back home.
After enjoying your own meal, relaxed in the hammocks in this peaceful countryside home. You will be walking towards the transfer and talking to enjoy the monks’ blessings with a memory of red thread to cover your wrist as a symbol of luck, health, wealth, love, harmony and peace within you before taking you to visit sillk farm, where you have a chance to see how the silk is being made and you can also enjoy the peaceful surroundings and lush beautiful gardens before taking you back to your hotel. The end of the tour.
- Returned transfers with English speaking guide (pick up & drop off at meeting point)
- Cold wet tissue and water
- Water and one beer or soft drink at our Eco home
- Cooking class
- Monks blessings
- Khmer farmer’s outfit, but return them after the trip has completed
- All fee involved
- Contribution to the villagers
- All the activities as in description
- Silk Farm visit
- Travel insurance
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by adult
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Tour is conducted in English. Other languages might be catered for upon request.
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
- If you cancel at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 7 and 13 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 6 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour Price based on different group size
|Group of 1 person||Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||65$||65$||65$||65$||65$|