Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Siem Reap
- Duration 8-9 hours (approximately)
- Travel Style Classic Culture
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 14 days before
- Departure and finish point Your centrally located hotel
- Departure Time 08:00 am
Siem Reap Arts and Handicrafts Day Tour - Siem Reap
- Join a ceramic class and learn how ceramic is made traditional way
- See in details the art of making handicrafts of ceramic, silk, buffalo skin, wood & stone carving, natural aroma…
- Watch Apsara Dance performance
What you can expect:
Besides the ancient temples, Cambodia also well-known for its arts and craft and the practice & technics date back over a thousand years. On this day tour you will witness and join-in Khmer arts and handicraft scene in details.
Get your hand dirty for the first thing in the morning by joining a Khmer ceramic class. This class will teach you how to throw a pot on the wheel, from pulling your clay out of the bag to removing your pot from the wheel. You will learn to make the Angkorian bowl! You will use the potter’s wheel and feel the potter’s sensation, enjoy, have fun with us and be creative at the same time. After you finish make your bowls on the wheel, you will add Khmer carving with our teacher to make it more unique. You will use the special carver / potter’s tools. After finishing, leave it to be fired and glazed overnight and they will be delivered to your hotel the next day at 4pm.
Later in the morning visit Angkor Silk Farm that gives you excellent insight into how silk is traditionally made in Cambodia. The farm supports vulnerable women to make a living for their families. Visit the Silk Farm and follow each step of the silk process, from growing the mulberry trees to providing the essential ingredients to grow and feed silkworms. There are craftswomen at work allowing you to observe how silk is processed traditionally.
Afternoon, visit buffalo skin carving workshop where kids learn the ancient art of skin carving used primarily for shadow puppet performance. If you like, you have option join in the activity and create your own skin carving souvenir to keep your memory.
Back to city visit Santeurs D’Angkor to bring home fragrances of Cambodia’s wonderful culinary and aromatic heritage. From the moment you walk into the workshop, you are immediately struck by an explosion of the senses with heady aromas floating from every corner. Afford yourself some pampering, some “me time” with our delicately perfumed massage oils, body creams, body scrubs and bath salts, to ease the ache and pains of visiting the temples and send the body into a state of blissful calm. For scents of a more aromatic kind, tease your taste buds with our fine selection of Cambodian spices including authentic Khmer curry, Lok lak, Satay, lemongrass, cinnamon, chilli and the famous Kampot pepper.
Last but not least, Artisans d’Angkor, an organization focusing on training unschooled rural youth in traditional handicraft skills. Ancient techniques are still practiced here such as wood and stone carving, lacquering, gilding and silk painting. Back to hotel for refreshing and get ready for tonight’s buffet dinner with Apsara Dance performance at local restaurant. End of service.
- Private tour guide
- Air-con transportation
- Ceramic class and ceramic souvenir from the class
- Bottled water and wet tissues
- Dinner with Apsara dance performance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel insurance
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by adult
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Tour is conducted in English. Other languages might be catered for upon request.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 7 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 6 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour Price based on different group size:
|Group of 1 person||Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||85$||69$||58$||52$||47$|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please contact us for quotation by clicking on "Contact Us" button below.