Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Multi-City Tours
- Duration 2 days
- Travel Style Active
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 14 days before
- Departure and finish point Your centrally located hotel in Siem Reap
- Departure Time 08:00 am
Remote jungle temples Preah Vihear, Koh Ker, Beng Mealea 3 days / 2 nights - Multi-City Tours
- Visit the last Khmer Rouge stronghold at Anlong Veng
- Visit UNESCO enlisted, mountain top Preah Vihear temple
- Visit Koh Ker and Beng Mealea temple
Itinerary Day by Day
DAY 1: Siem Reap – Anlong Veng – Preah Vihear
Meet with your local guide early at 7:00am. Departure for 3-4 hour journey northward to Preah Vihea Temple through the small town of Anlong Veng. We stop at Anlong Veng and discover remains of the last Khmer Rouges stronghold. You will also visit Ta Mok’s villa and bunker. See the beautiful Dangrek mountain range and learn how it provides a natural protection for Khmer Rouge guerilla. This town and area was the last stronghold of the Khmer Rouge. Have simple lunch at local restaurant in Anlong Veng town before continuing your journey to overnight at Preah Vihea Boutique Hotel which is about 20km from Preah Vihea temple which you visit the next day.
Meal included: Lunch
Accommodation included: Preah Vihear Boutique Hotel http://preahvihearhotels.com
Day 2: Preah Vihear Temple and surrounding
A short trip away, you will reach the foot of Preah Vihear, it is necessary to transfer into the back of a pickup truck (operated by the local community) for the climb up the spectacularly steep mountain road.
Finally reaching the temple, the journey is rewarded with fabulous views over Cambodia’s and Thailand’s fertile plains. The sanctuary is perched on the edge of the cliffs with amazing views over the seemingly endless Cambodian jungle to the south. The temple is not yet restored but has spectacular carvings and lintels which are almost as splendid as those at Banteay Srei. The spectacular location paired with a unique temple design are the reason UNESCO enlisted Preah Vihear as a World Heritage Site. Explore the surrounding areas or come back to hotel for overnight.
Meal included: Breakfast
Accommodation included: Preah Vihear Boutique Hotel
Day 3: Preah Vihear – Koh Ker Temple – Beng Mealea Temple – Siem Reap
Today it is another long drive around 230km but a rewarded one. We depart early on a different way back to Siem Reap with stops at Koh Ker Temple and Beng Mealea temple. Koh Ker is a former Angkorean capital between the 8th and 10th centuries when King Jayavarman IV moved the capital there from Angkor. Few people venture out to this impressive temple site as it is tucked away deep into the jungle and was largely inaccessible until recently. Nowadays a road has been built and the mines have been cleared by the Cambodian Mine Action Centre (CMAC) and the temples are slowly coming back to life again. The road to the temple site passes through picturesque rural areas. Upon arrival you will climb 30 meter high pyramid-shaped temple, which is reminiscent of the pyramids in Egypt. Climb to the top of the temple and admire a sweeping view over the surrounding plains. Afterwards further explore other temples scattered across a large area.
Beng Mealea, a sprawling jungle temple constructed in a distinctly Angkor Wat style by King Suyavarman II in the early 12th century. It preceded and may have served as a prototype for Angkor Wat. Contrary to Angkor, few carvings or bas-reliefs are evident. Today the temple is largely overrun by vegetation and the stone walls are crumbling which adds to its charm in a unique way. Accessibility has improved as elevated walkways have been set up throughout most of the temple, although to see all corners does require a sense of adventure as you will need to climb over stone blocks or walk through narrow passageways. Arrive back at Siem Reap city in the evening. End of tour.
Meal included: Breakfast and lunch
- Private English speaking local guide for whole tour
- Air-conditioned private transport
- Shuttle truck up and down Preah Vihear mountain
- Bottled water and wet tissues
- Lunch as mentioned in day to day itinerary (not include drink)
- Accommodation for two nights including breakfast
- All entry fees
- Other meals
- Travel insurance
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by adult
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Subject to availability at time of enquiry
- Tour is conducted in English. Other language might be catered for upon request.
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
- If you cancel at least 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 7 and 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 6 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour Price based on different group size:
|Group of 1 person||Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||701$||437$||376$||325$||295$|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please contact us for quotation by clicking on "Contact Us" button below.