Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Siem Reap
- Duration 8-9 hours (approximately)
- Travel Style Classic Culture
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- No Deposit Required
- Free Cancellation 14 days before
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Departure and finish point Your centrally located hotel
- Departure Time 08:00 am
Beng Melea and Koh Ker Full Day Tour - Siem Reap
- Visit remote temple group of Koh Ker, the former Angkorean city
- Visit jungle temple of Beng Melea
- Chance to try Kralan (sticky rice in bamboo)
- See rural villages and way of life
What You Can Expect
Travel by air-conditioned transport on 140km road to former Angkorean capital of Koh Ker. Situated a 2.5 hour drive, north-east of Angkor Wat, Koh Ker was built between the 8th and 10th centuries. Koh Ker functioned briefly as the capital of the Khmer Empire between 928 and 944 A.D. when King Jayavarman IV moved the capital there from Angkor. Few people venture out to this impressive temple site as it is tucked away deep into the jungle and was largely inaccessible until recently. Nowadays a road has been built and the mines have been cleared by the Cambodian Mine Action Centre (CMAC) and the temples are slowly coming back to life again. The road to the temple site passes through picturesque rural areas. Upon arrival you will climb 30 meter high pyramid-shaped temple, which is reminiscent of the pyramids in Egypt. Climb to the top of the temple and admire a sweeping view over the surrounding plains. Afterwards further explore other temples scattered across a big area. Afternoon travel back to Siem Reap and stop half way to visit Beng Mealea, a sprawling jungle temple constructed in a distinctly Angkor Wat style by King Suyavarman II in the early 12th century. It preceded and may have served as a prototype for Angkor Wat. Contrary to Angkor, few carvings or bas-reliefs are evident. Today the temple is largely overrun by vegetation and the stone walls are crumbling which adds to its charm in a unique way. Accessibility has improved as elevated walkways have been set up throughout most of the temple, although to see all corners does require a sense of adventure as you will need to climb over stone blocks or walk through narrow passageways. On the way back to city you got chance to stop by and try Kralan, a traditional snack with sticky rice cook in bamboo stick.
- Private English speaking guide
- Air-conditioned private transport
- All entry fee
- Khmer snack
- Bottled water and wet tissues
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel Insurance
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by adult
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Sport shoes is recommended
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
Tour is conducted in English. Other languages might be catered for upon request.
- Dress code for temples: women & men should dress moderately and cover their shoulders & knees
- If you cancel at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 7 and 13 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 6 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour Price based on different group size.
|Group of 1 person||Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||192$||107$||83$||68$||59$|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please contact us for quotation by clicking on "Contact Us" button below.