Find Your Suitable Tours
- Tour Location Siem Reap
- Duration 7 hours (approximately)
- Travel Style Cycling
- Travel Type Private Guided Tour
- Experiences Tour Guide English
- Free Cancellation 14 days before
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Departure and finish point Your centrally located hotel
- Departure Time 08:00 am
Cycling West Baray Reservoir & Siem Reap Countryside - Siem Reap
- Take a cycling tour through the Cambodian countryside near Siem Reap
- Pedal a 24-mile (40-kilometer) loop around West Baray Reservoir
- See hidden side of Angkor Thom moat and west gate
- Learn about daily life for Cambodians in the villages of Kuok Thnuot and Kuok Duong
- Enjoy an included picnic lunch of Khmer cuisine by West Baray Reservoir
- Great way to experience the Cambodian countryside outside the main tourist path
- Learn about irrigation system of Angkor Empire
What you can expect:
Receive a morning pickup from your Siem Reap hotel to start your two-wheel adventure in the Cambodian countryside. Once you’re fitted with a mountain bike and helmet, you’ll proceed along the area’s less-crowded dirt roads toward West Baray Reservoir. Stop by a side Angkor Thom moat to see the side hidden from tourists (Angkor Ticket is not required for this side). Pedal along the perimeter of this body of water, learning about its origins as you ride. The site was excavated by hand to help provide an additional irrigation source for the farm fields surrounding Angkor. Continue your cycling trip as you pass through the local villages of Kuok Thnuot, Phum Pem, and Kuok Duong. These Cambodian towns will give you new insight into daily lives for the country’s local villages. You’ll also be able to check out the local market and interact with residents. Take a break after your village visits for a picnic lunch of Khmer cuisine served along the edge of the reservoir. If you feel like cooling off, you’re welcome to jump in for a swim. Continue your ride by heading to the Krabei Real villages, where you’ll observe the locals as they plant and harvest their rice and vegetable crops. Depending on time, you may also get to explore the local pagodas. You’ll return to your hotel in the late afternoon.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Khmer style lunch
- Khmer snacks
- Cycling English speaking tour guide
- Hotel pickup (centrally located hotels only)
- Use of bicycle (good mountain bike Giant or Trek)
- Use of helmet
- One soft drink and bottle water
- Support truck
- Travel insurance
- A confirmation voucher will be sent to you at a time of booking
- Minimum age for child is from 12 years old
- Please provide all traveler’s full names
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Sport shoes is recommended
- Bring own sun cream is recommended
- Please advise us your height upon booking
- Tour is conducted in English. Other languages might be catered for upon request.
- Booking is subject to availability and we will confirm booking status to you within 24 to 48 hours. Booking is closed 48 hours before traveling date.
- Payment is to be made only after confirmation of booking.
- If you cancel at least 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 7 and 13 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 6 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Tour Price based on different group size.
|Group of 1 person||Group of 2 persons||Group of 3 persons||Group of 4 persons||Group of 5 persons|
|Price per person in USD||87$||65$||44$||40$||36$|
Note: If your group size is from 6 persons up, please contact us for quotation by clicking on "Contact Us" button below.